FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LBA suspended
Thread: LBA suspended
View Single Post
Old May 27, 2020, 12:23 pm
GLOBALFLYERCT

Programs: BA Gold/Life. Marriott T/Life, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond,UA 1K
Originally Posted by Barnaby100
Honestly?
It can take 4 hours to get from Harrogate to Manchester by Car -certainly wouldn't allow less. The train - no seats so standing for 2+ hours.
Don't get me started on the hell hole that it Manchester airport.

I remember going to watch planes at LBA and MAN as a kid. Disappointed to see this decline in service at LBA and the service drop at MAN. Reminiscing.I used to live in York and rarely used LBA but I would commute to MAN every week dropping the car at T3 with Dave at the CPS parking service within 1 minute. Left home at 0500 in the lounge by 0615/0620, security was a 5 minute affair at most. The big choice was which way to skirt Manchester over the NW or the SE on the new ring road motorway
Executive lounge had showers so I would shower then eat breakfast and wander down for BA to, if I remember, ORK, DUB, LYS, CDG, DUS, AMS, MXP they all left about 0650-0720.

In 2018 we flew with Easyjet from MAN to AMS and even though we paid the 10 Pounds for Rapid security it was a 30 minute ordeal. Priority Pass got us into a lounge which was OK.

Pre Covid I only flew LAX-AMS or SNA-XXX-AMS nowadays and its certainly not perfect but it makes me cry to hear about MAN.

Be safe