FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unsure of award choices to Japan. AA or JL / JAL?
Old May 27, 2020, 11:09 am
seigex

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
At that point the mileage requirements are almost irrelevant, it really comes down to whether you want/need an extra 13 hours on your trip or not, and only you can make that call.

That said, sAAVer business to Japan is only 60k, so at 68k you're paying AA inflated "web special" pricing; For only a 12k delta for JL F I'd be leaning that way for sure if the extra time wasn't a big deal.
Granted, it's my call but I'm wondering what others would do in my situation as I can't seem to decide on this one. Going there for a turn around to finish my JTTP application before it expires and I lose my recency travel requirements and have to start the process all over again and to get out of the house and back on an overseas flight, assuming I'm even able to go, so time isn't that necessary as long as I get there.

I booked the 68k web special (now up to 78k), as the 1:30am flight for the day I leave has no sAAver space (if it shows up i'll definitely take it), AAnytime space for that flight is 450k miles , and no other AA metal directs available on miles.

I'm definitely leaning towards the JAL F though heading there, thanks for the thoughts.