FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Has DL Cut too many flights? Analysis and discussion of schedule cuts.
Old May 27, 2020, 10:17 am
Worldtraveler727

Programs: DL DM 1MM+, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I realize it is anecdotal, but I do somewhat feel like their decisions have been more grave than other airlines. For instance, out of AUS, there are only 2 flights a day to ATL, both in the morning. I can logically get my head around the reduction in flights, but the cuts have made it difficult to minimize time in cities and I have to spend the night. Whereas I can easily make it from Austin to the east coast and back in the same day on WN/UA/AA.

One hope I have (albeit a minor thing in the grand scheme) is that some sort of rationalization comes out of this. For instance, I travel in and out of ELP a lot and originally there were 3x to ATL. It would be awesome to go to 2x ATL and 1xSLC/LAX for instance, which would definitely shorten the flight (obviously not sure about yield/profit). I could get around that plan and deal with the schedule in the AM or PM, but before 'rona I was relegated to WN/AA to logically get in/out of ELP. Looks like that will continue for the near future.