Old May 27, 20, 3:46 am
ftrichard

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Cathay Pacific Gold
Originally Posted by FQ415 View Post
My AC hotel review:
AC hotel was previously under YTL group Vistana hotel which currently joined Marriott and rebranded as AC hotel. Same goes to. Penang and kuantan.

location: accessible by monorail. 5 min walk to titiwangsa station from hotel. As for tourist, it slightly out of the way to tourism spot, but you can still go to Bukit Bintang, time square, with monorail.

Room: nothing special regarding room. Common 3-4 star hotel type of room with standing shower only. Furnitures are old. Bed structure is acceptable.

Food: breakfast spread is less than other Marriott brands.
restaurant is ONLY OPEN FOR BREAKFAST. No lunch or dinner serve at the restaurant. No room service available. Need to settle your meal outside before back to hotel.

Lounge: they do not participate in lounge access. They do have a lounge for evening cocktail with change, RM 80 if I'm not mistaken.

Services and elite recognition:
Check in process might take sometimes as most of the staffs are still new to the system. Same go to elite recognition. Room upgrade and premium internet available for platinum and above.

I get pretty good deal on my previous stay, 60usd per night (with breakfast) with bonus 1000 points on top of my elite bonus points.

I heard there will be refurbished soon.
YTL knows how to run hotels and has a long-standing relationship with Marriott in Malaysia (JW, RC, LC etc.). Given that many of Marriott's brands are so utterly different in Asia - particularly at the lower end (Courtyards can be great full-service hotels with lounges etc. Taipei, Iloilo, HK etc.) - it wouldn't surprise me if they start to let elites into the lounge at some point no matter what the official brand standards are.

They will have rebranded this old hotel to AC for a reason - to increase reservations - and if they don't get Platinums or higher booking it because we can go to the Ren or Sheraton for the same price then they will need to be competitive with the other Marriott brands in this price range and open it up.