FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Boarding back to front, F last?!
View Single Post
Old May 26, 2020, 7:53 pm
econ

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by TheStrangerIn29K
Personally, I've never understood why each assigned seat doesn't come with a corresponding assigned OH space. You're sitting in 2A or 28A? Above you there's a section of an OH compartment designated for 2A or 28A. (I'd be interested in reasons why anyone thinks or knows it's not done that way.)
Good idea in theory, but that would mean that it would have to be enforced, which I'm sure FAs wouldn't like. Plus, increased potential for conflicts during boarding (peoples bags possibly infringing into others designated area).

And not everyone uses overhead space, so who decides who gets what's left over?

Originally Posted by TheStrangerIn29K
Professionally, I love that there's a FIFO/LIFO discussion happening here over boarding procedures, and that one of the factors under consideration is 'Do I get to keep drinking longer in the lounge?' vs. 'Do I get to start drinking sooner on board?'.
Personally, I prefer the former since I can usually get a proper drink in a lounge vs. sparkling wine (if you're lucky) on board out of a plastic cup.