FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bulkhead or curtain on 737-900 ER seats 10ABC
Old May 26, 2020, 11:49 am
stuyguy641

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Bulkhead or curtain on 737-900 ER seats 10ABC

I'm doing a cross country move with my family of five (DTW to SJC) and trying to play tetris to minimize COVID exposure. I'm pretty sure the flight will be nonstop on a 737-900ER.

I thought flying first class and taking the last row 5ABCD (www.delta.com/us/en/aircraft/boeing/737-900er) would at least prevent the people behind from sneezing on us. 5C and 5D are obviously fine: I can see that there's a coat closet / bulkhead.

Does anyone know if there is a floor-to-ceiling bulkhead between 10ABC and 5AB? I found this thread (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...37-900-er.html) which seems to indicate it's more of a curtain. But Googling around, I can't find much information either way.

I'd also appreciate any advice on how to all sit. My wife and I are in our 30s, we have a 2-year old toddler (who will sit in a car seat), and my parents who are about 70 and have the highest risk. I was imagining minimizing the "perimeter" of the shape we make, which will be to take seats 5ABCD and 4D? Any reason to try a different configuration?

Thanks!