Old May 26, 20, 9:46 am
PV_Premier
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Flying whoever is most convenient
better.com $2500 statement credit for AMEX Plat - my experience

I was a little surprised I did not see a thread on this topic in the past. Some of you may have received the offer of a $2500 AMEX statement credit and waived appraisal fee for taking out a mortgage (purchase or refinance) through Better.com.

I took advantage of this offer in early March when the refinance rates cratered and was very pleased with my experience. Better.com staff were very easy to work with, I only had to have one or two phone calls with my concierge to clarify some information needed and the timelines. Everything else was done through a self service online interface which was very well laid out and very intuitive. From submitting my application to closing my loan took 5 weeks and they said they would normally have had it done in 3, they were just crushed with demand especially for refinances.

It did take a few weeks for my Amex statement credit to post, but it did without any intervention on my part, I think the loan needed to clear post-close auditing before they released the statement credit.

All in all, if you are thinking about a home loan or refinancing and have this offer, you should consider taking advantage of it. I am giving this feedback as someone who has bought three houses and taken out two refinances in my life, so I am very familiar with the mortgage process, but the staff were great and I am sure even for a 1st time buyer they would do a great job of coaching through the process.