FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unreasonable AC Baggage Transfer Policy; unable to check through to final destination
Old May 25, 2020, 4:06 pm
Stranger
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by letsflyright
Try being handicapped (wife has Parkinsons Disease and I need a hip replacement) and lugging five 70 lb bags around (for 6 months in Florida).
All of this as a result of Air Canada cancelling all flights out of RSW ( our original departure return date was April 28/20), followed by the Governor of Florida considering closing all airports to flights from Canada, followed with trying to fly with United out of Tampa only to have Air Canada cancel the last 2 segments of our booked itinerary, followed by booking a flight out of Fort Lauderdale for April 11, followed by the Governor stating the closure of all airports was imminent, followed by us changing the return date to April 6 and being charged a hefty price by Air Canada, followed by paying an additional fee for one extra 70 lb checked bag - (note we were each originally allowed two 70 lb checked bags)
As far as the comment that Air Canada could possibly our bags if they were checked through to YLW this is irrelevant
I have yet to see a clear baggage transfer policy from Air Canada for a maximum connection time between segments
Yes, I understand that there is no Covid in Florida. But there is in Canada and the border has been closed for quite a while, hence flights disappearing. Which we are all painfully aware of.

But seriously, when did the Canadian govt issue an advisory strongly advising Canadians to return to Canada? That was something like mid-March, wasn't it? At that point, there were still AC flights. But for folks who insisted in getting exposed to the Covid thing while in Florida, sure it gets harder. But whom to blame?

Furthermore, it seems somewhat ironical that the OP had no problem hauling five 70 lb bags for six months while on his wheelchair, but suddenly at YVR it became a major issue. :-)