FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid-19 BA Rebooking/Cancellation/Refund HELP & ADVICE *No Speculation etc*
Old May 25, 2020, 1:08 pm
lorcancoyle

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by jimlad48
Tomorrow marks 2 weeks since my £1400 AMEX 2-4-1 refund was 'allegedly' issued after a request made on 12 April - I say allegedly as although BA tell me its been processed, there is no sign of it and AMEX are adamant they have no record of it. (yes, before people ask, I have messaged BA Refund helper)

My options seem to be as follows - go into dispute with BA through AMEX or if needs be go to Small Claims Court - both currently live in my thinking given the appalling service I've had from BA thus far and my urgent need for the refund. Anyone have any experience of either option?
I’ve had to use small claims to get a refund from BA in the past. That was in a refund on a bmi award booking when they were taken over so their systems were a mess. Probably not too dissimilar from the problems they’re facing now.

You should put in writing your intention to start proceedings in 14 days before starting the action via MCOL.

(they acknowledged issue pretty quickly, but only after the immediate response that they were going to defend it)