FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LH fleet after restart
View Single Post
Old May 25, 2020, 10:49 am
FlyerLX

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Oneworld Silver
........Without First class it is very difficult to be 5* airline or even premium airline.....

Yes I agree but as a famous comedian said, it's not the principal that counts, it's the money... I'm not sure airlines are bothered about Skytrax etc. these days...

.....Specially when the C product is technically... let say not superb.....

I couldn't agree more and like many I refuse to fly l/h business on LH (I don't have a foot fetish), but then with 779 we are told there will be a "brilliant" new C class (!) with 1-1-1 / 1-2-1 seating which in theory at least is "better" than the current F. Hopefully that or something similar will then roll out across the fleet. We are told there could also be some kind of "business plus" product (so a two-tier business class, however they would do it and whatever they would call it...)

.....Y class tourists was never main source of income. C and F are.....

Hmm... LH never went down the "niche premium airline" route and in recent years they have gone for huge volumes rather than cash crops, so I would guess Y and C overall might be more profitable than F... Not per seat obviously but overall...

....Also, to make F almost non-exist cause migration of usually F customers to another airlines......

Sure but they would have to decide where they can go... Depends on base location, destination, budget... And plenty of target airlines have no F anyway or highly reduced...