FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Reduced Inflight Food and Beverage Restrictions as of 03/2020 and changes
Old May 25, 2020, 7:27 am
MiamiAirport Formerly NY George
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Ultimately the FAs that should not be in this job now have the "perfect reason" not to do their job. In many ways AA is in a tough position here because if they demand FAs do their job you can bet that AA would get killed in the press for "compromising the health and safety of their employees." Some of the lazier younger ones are going to have a rude awakening on 10/1 when they are thrown out of a job in a world of 30% unemployment, no hope for a job again in aviation or maybe anywhere else for that matter. The saying about karma.

Ten years from now when AA goes to hire new FAs again I really wish they'd try to screen these kind out. If dealing with people sometimes in a stressful situation is so hard for one they do not belong in the job. Even more so in my 25 years of flying around in F/J 95% of the paxs are very kind and grateful to FAs. I and I've seen others do same have personally thanked the F FA at the end of the flight for proactively doing the beverage service. Really I never get anyone profusely thanking me for doing my job.

This has nothing to do with "health" and everything to do with FAs that are miserable in their job, and probably their life, and have the carte blanche now to take it out on their paxs.