FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Bali Jimbaran Master Thread [merged]
View Single Post
Old May 25, 2020, 7:02 am
Zuljan

Originally Posted by Tilly71
Sorry as no wiki attached I've had to ask some questions on the IC Bali.
Do you get club room Privelidges if you are Ambassador status and book using points like free breakfasts?
Has everyone who are Ambassador booking on points always got a decent room upgrade to suites?
Thanks in advance. T71
Originally Posted by binman
You will not get club as an Ambassador unless You pay the supplement. You may get an upgrade.

If you pay the supplement to club room you will get an upgrade to Duplex suite. My last email from them regarding point / cash suggested they would offer rates to almost all club room types including suites.

they restrict free upgrades and operate strictly within the IHG guidelines..... in my experience.
I have 2 upcoming stays at IC Bali as Spire Ambassador, both upgraded moments after the reservation was made.

Singaraja Premium room with Club using Ambassador certificate -> Upgraded to Club Premium suite ( Duplex suite)

Singaraja Premium room cash booking- > Duplex suite

Both stays are back to back but no Club on the second one. So as binman points out, they are doing the upgrades by the book. As the stays are upcoming things may change but my advice is book the room/supplement you want and let any upgrade be a pleasant surprise.