FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid-19 BA Rebooking/Cancellation/Refund HELP & ADVICE *No Speculation etc*
Old May 25, 2020, 2:27 am
Nephoi

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by G747
Hi all,

I have a mileage run booked in November (booked and ticketed through the BA call centre) with the following routing on the 5th; INV-LHR-HEL-LAX-SFO. Returning on 9th; SFO-PHX-JFK-LHR-GLA. It's earning me 660TP for £1,445. So a reasonable tier point earner but to be honest the major factor in choosing this route was to try the AY 359 business product. AY have now announced that LAX/SFO will not resume within the July to March 2021 timeframe and that sector has been cancelled on MMB.

I am a little confused as to what I would be allowed to do in this scenario. If I could tweak it to remain on Finnair's JFK service then catch AA flights internally on the way out it may increase the TPs. The problem with that is that I would arrive in JFK too late to catch an onward AA flight. I could live with losing a night in SFO as it's a late arrival anyway. If I opted to take a more direct route would I lose the TPs? I also really don't want to fly a BA 747 CW product which is currently scheduled on the SFO route on the 5th.

Any advice/recommendations would be welcome. I realise it's quite some time away so I'm fairly relaxed on waiting, it's just a bit of a minefield. Many thanks.
it depends on where you booked. if booked with AA you totally can reroute via PHL (BA A359...).. maybe this is an option.
otherwise this would maximize TP. its also available in business. just took the wrong screenshot.
further questions, advices and much more in the dedicated TP run thread. you're welcome to join us here.

Last edited by Nephoi; May 25, 2020 at 2:36 am