FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trenton - NJT -> Septa Connection
View Single Post
Old May 24, 20, 8:27 pm
CDTraveler

Originally Posted by RooseveltL View Post
I haven't ridden Septa in probably 6+ years and may schedule a trip if I don't rent a car. Using revised scheduled due to C-19.
There is a NJ Transit midday scheduled to arrive Trenton at 12:46pm.
Based on my experience, the odds of your NJTransit train arriving at the scheduled time are slim to none.

Originally Posted by RooseveltL View Post
And extra bonus question - if that -1 minute connection is even possible - what is easiest method to obtain a ticket for SEPTA to avoid surcharge onboard (since won't have time to get to a machine)?
There isn't one currently. SEPTA is testing a phone app for tickets from PHL to Center City, but nowhere else yet. As of January, my last SEPTA train ride, they were accepting cash only for onboard fares, and prefer exact change. I think Trenton - Center City is $9.25.

Also keep in mind both SEPTA and NJTransit require masks to be worn and currently specify transit is to be used for "essential" travel only. I doubt they'd demand to see proof your travel is essential, but SEPTA I know will stop you from boarding or kick you off at the next stop if you're not wearing a mask. Of course, all that is subject to change. Best bet is to keep checking the transit websites.

Last edited by CDTraveler; May 25, 20 at 11:00 pm