FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Reduced Inflight Food and Beverage Restrictions as of 03/2020 and changes
Old May 24, 2020, 5:40 pm
cmd320
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Herb687
Neither will ranting on FT.

If so, I have no issue moving my travel towards Spirit.

I've posted this several times before but when a paid first flyer like me is willing to say screw AA, screw your AAdvantage modern day Green Stamps, book big front seat on NK, and pocket some extra cash (NK BFS is often cheaper than AA Y), AA is in trouble. For several hundred bucks saved on a 2.5 hour flight, I'm happy to pay for a drink if I want one while enjoying comparable seat pitch and width to AA domestic F.

I completely agree. As AA and other domestic airlines cut services, reduce legroom, and generally make domestic premium products worse, I struggle to find any reason to pay a premium for them. BFS on NK is an attractive option given it’s ordinarily 1/2 to 1/3 of the price and the service just really isn’t that different. Yeah, I will have to forgo a PDB (which on AA is hardly guaranteed anyway) and there’s no real divider to the rest of the cabin, but other than that, I struggle to find much difference.

Of course there’s a crowd out there that gets very concerned about IRROPS handling but the reality is I very rarely have IRROPS issues and when I do I’m typically more efficient at handling them myself than standing in line or waiting on the phone or being automatically rebooked onto some crappy flight I don’t want.

Now, would I give up a lie-flat on a transcon for NK? No, of course not, but on a 2-3 hour flight, it’s a compelling option.