FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Global Entry Renewal Information and Processing Timelines
Old May 24, 2020, 3:56 pm
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by ed285
For what it's worth, I applied for renewal on Oct 14th 2019, still waiting (221 days). Lots of global travel as I (used to?) travel for work. I've completed SF86 processes in the past, so you'd think this would be an easy decision..
I have seen some such applicants’ initial GE applications come back as conditionally-approved within well less than even 48 hours but then when it came to the renewal applications the same applicants would get stuck in pending review status for multiple months despite there being no obvious, substantial change in the applicants’ background and travels and the clearance level was at least maintained. For my travel party members in such circumstances — this year and last year — who got conditional approval status for the renewal applications, a bunch of the “interviews” weren’t for any purpose but to recapture photo and fingerprints since literally nothing was asked when doing “the interview” as part of the enrollment on arrival process.

In other words, having any kind of security clearance level guarantees neither:

(A) that your renewal application gets out of pending review status quicker than some other applicants of an otherwise comparable background; nor

(B) that your renewal application skips the conditional approval stage, even as some other renewal applicants of an otherwise comparable background get to final approval directly (ie, without being in the conditionally approved stage for any time during the renewal application).