FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trips not taken; where aren't you going in the next few months on AC?
Old May 23, 2020, 10:15 pm
Adam Smith
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Stranger
I would not be surprised if the talk about UK quarantine ends up not going anywhere; policy is not in place yet, merely talking about it. They don't have one right now, makes no sense imposing one later. And the airlines are very unhappy about it.
How does the UK not have some sort of quarantine in place now? That was the first thing everyone else did, even before they locked down their own citizens. Or is there just not one since everyone in the UK is supposed to be locked down and therefore it would be redundant to have one for travellers?

Regardless, they've now implemented it, as of June 8, so that's likely going to kill my UK trip with AC.

In the meantime Italy appears to be ready to open to foreign visitors. I don't think Portugal ever closed at all.
I was just in Portugal, but always love going to Italy... If AC is flying to FCO in July, which it looks like they will be, maybe that's an option...

Of course, if we're still imposing a quarantine on travellers, that will also kill it, since my wife needs to be able to go to work at the hospital without having to take off two weeks when we get back.

Last edited by Adam Smith; May 23, 2020 at 10:21 pm