FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta: Refund/Mileage Redeposit/Cancellation/Rebooking During COVID19
Old May 23, 2020, 3:52 pm
GagaPilot

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by MSP_Monopoly
Delta is obviously way over their head here if they are still currently processing refund requests from the last week of March. It’s now approaching the last week of May.

I absolutely hate doing credit card chargebacks but I’m getting to the point where I’m not going to sit here and wait another 60 days in hopes that they finally process my refund request.

Has anyone else done a credit card chargeback yet? I assume the worst that happens is that AMEX would credit me and then the refund could eventually come through from Delta and then they would charge me again to get their money back?

Thoughts? Suggestions?
Thankfully I have not had to do a chargeback with Delta. All refunds owed from Delta have been received so far. However, I did have to do a chargeback with AMEX for a TicketMaster charge.

The short version is this: The quoted refund time came and went for my TicketMaster purchase ($630). After giving an additional week, and no success in getting in contact with anyone at TicketMaster, I initiated the dispute with AMEX. They immediately issued me a credit for the full amount ($630). A little over a week later TicketMaster ended up refunding. I closed the dispute online and even called AMEX to confirm the closure and have them reverse the credit. That was about 6 weeks ago and to date AMEX still has the $630 credit on my account. So I am essentially “double credited” at this time. It’s better than being “double charged” but still frustrating as I know at some point that $630 will be re-billed to my account.

As others suggested, it might be worth a call to see if the refund can be manually pushed through. The last few refunds I have done with Delta they manually processed them without me asking (unlike in the beginning of the virus issue). I have a callback in to Delta today to cancel one trip for a credit, the other for a refund. Hopefully the refund is manually processed like the others have been.