FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Reduced Inflight Food and Beverage Restrictions as of 03/2020 and changes
Old May 23, 2020, 11:15 am
brewdog11

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Multiple F flights recently. Getting any beverages or alcohol was an act of congress on almost every flight.

MSY-ORD: FA came around and offered water. Upon ordering alcohol, said "we're not serving it anymore." Seatmate and I referenced AA policy regarding alcohol in F and showed her AA website. Said she'd go "check with other FAs in the back." Came back 10 min later and said, "we're gonna make an exception and do it." Received three rounds of drinks, with the second and third rounds offered proactively.

ORD-BNA: immediately upon departure, FAs stood in galley and emptied a bunch of minis into a plastic trash bag. Asked FAs for service and was told "no alcohol was catered." Mentioned a can of Bud Light I saw them throwing into a trash bag and tune immediately changed. FA said she'd go "check if some was catered in the back" (however there was no rear galley as we were on a CRJ-700). FAs came forward and miraculously produced beverages with very nervous dispositions. Copious alcohol offered. Something shady was going on for sure; I guess they were planning on a party at the hotel later.

BNA-CLT: cheerful crew offered beverages to pax who wanted them. Did not imbibe as it was a 6am flight.

CLT-DFW: terrible, rude F FA said "no service at all." One of the most resentful FAs I've ever experienced. After several pax pressed him, he served one round on request but was very rude the whole time. After asking for a third round, simply brought a large bottled water to the seat. Same FA was able to have a very loud, non-socially-distanced convo with unmasked pax in row 1 that was disruptive to entire cabin. Somehow, it was also safe to distribute Barclaycard applications in the aisle after a prolonged, exaggerated CC announcement was made. Nasty looks for everyone upon deplaning.

DFW-MSY: great service throughout flight.

Overall not a good week on AA. Really starting to wonder what I'm paying for. With so much on the chopping block, you'd think people would at least be willing to follow established policy.