FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL Corona Virus-COVID-19 / Operational Impact
Old May 23, 2020, 11:04 am
givionte

Originally Posted by xliioper
It's not that unusual. DL used to operate DL629 as DTW-NGO-MNL and DL630 as MNL-NGO-DTW with same aircraft. You should probably verify with DL on transit requirements. You may require a transit visa as well if you are Canadian national as it is not in the current Covid-19 exempt list (USA and Mexico are listed, but not Canada) for passengers arriving from China -- https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.html

Someone noted downthread that they aren't selling the DTW-ICN / ICN-DTW flights independently. So it sounds like these are just planned stops (possibly for cargo) where no one gets on/off the plane and thus won't require transit visas.
Thanks so much for your info. I am American, my wife is Chinese and immigrating. Is there any way to know for sure if this is just a planned stop and don't need to get on or off? When I selected my seat, it was tied to both legs before and after the Incheon stop, so all appearances is there is no change in aircraft. I contacted customer service and she just assumed we'd need to get off, but I know these aren't common flights, and this is a brand new flight literally thrown together over the weekend. Delta hasn't even acknowledged its existence yet, and whether it is officially approved.

Last edited by givionte; May 23, 2020 at 11:27 am