FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada video: Ready for takeoff
View Single Post
Old May 23, 2020, 9:14 am
drvannostren

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
It was strictly fluff...I mean I don't take issue with them publishing it, but it tells me next to nothing about any plans for flying or plans for change.

I know how cabin cleaning works, it's not sustainable at normal turn times even for a major to do "deep cleans". It used to take a crew of 5 over 5 hours to do one 737 where I worked. I think we'll have a litany of people taking pictures of all those nooks and crannys on airplanes that will still be filthy. Those of course aren't important hot spots, but I do think the whole plane should basically be hit with this fogger thing that companies are using, tray tables down, headrests open/fully extended, blast the plane AFTER the grooming is done, then let it sit for a couple mins. Even still that's not gonna be a really quick process. So I wonder how long this "clean plus" or whatever will last in actuality.

I do think AC will come back fairly well when things turn around, and again I have no issue with them publishing a fluff piece, but it was literally 99% fluff, and seems kinda useless to me that's all.