FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid19: Lufthansa requires face masks [May 2020-September 2022]
Old May 23, 2020, 7:10 am
radonc1

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by Raul_R
Wrong! HON/SEN are normally seated in rows 1-2.

Actually the current (at least preCovid) rapid boarding policy is also very efficient:
1.Window seats
2.Middle seats
3.Aisle seats

HON/SEN with Business class have pre boarding.
HON on several stations pre-pre-boarding.
(that is not usually case in FRA, but during my last intra-EU flight from FRA boarding they hold normal boardimg until car bought me to gate-position aircraft and I was on my 1A. Only then they told that Hon is on board, lets start boarding. Nice.)
In this day of Covid-19, I, as an elite, want to be the last to board (presuming that there is overhead space for me) and not the first. If I am seated up front, I don't want the bulk of the passengers to pass by me while I am sitting and have the potential to be bombarded by viral infected droplets from some asymptomatic carrier headed towards the back of the plane.

By limiting carry-ons, overhead space is not compromised and all should be able to fit their single 8 kg or less item either above them or under the seat in front of them. This policy will ensure that as a business class passenger on LH, I can board last and still put my personal item above me.

As I wrote previously, the less time in a crowded environment and less commingling the better from a health perspective