FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trips not taken; where aren't you going in the next few months on AC?
Old May 22, 2020, 10:15 am
Stranger
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I was thinking that with this talk of the UK subjecting visitors to a 14-day quarantine on arrival, my LHR/Scotland trip was looking less and less likely, and now AC has gone and cancelled my YYC-LHR and LHR-YYC flights, so the chances are becoming infinitessimal...
I would not be surprised if the talk about UK quarantine ends up not going anywhere; policy is not in place yet, merely talking about it. They don't have one right now, makes no sense imposing one later. And the airlines are very unhappy about it.

In the meantime Italy appears to be ready to open to foreign visitors. I don't think Portugal ever closed at all.

Anyway, to me the real issue will be, will European countries be able to have policies distinguishing between Canada and the US. When we are in a situation that is by and large not worse than them, but the US is another story.

We also cancelled all travel until September. But mostly because the events were cancelled. And because the US is closed so we cannot visit our son and grand kids.