FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus: Flight cancellations and entry restrictions
Old May 22, 2020, 2:30 am
ISTFlyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold, HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by ironmouse
Well my gripe with TK is that my flight was cancelled on the 24th March and I made a refund request the following day. An email was sent saying that the funds (100% ) would be back on my card within 30 days.
After 40 days no refund had been made. Thanks to this forum and ISTflyer I now know that refunds wont begin to be processed until 60 days after they start flying again.
But I had to get that info from here. Nowhere is it posted on the TK website. No mention of this refund policy is available on the website. So I'm upset that TK are not being upfront about this or keeping us informed.
It's not highlighted but the 60 day rule is written here in the TK website

https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-t...est/index.html

According to the Civil Aviation Regulation regarding COVID-19, your refund can be made within 2 months after the flights return to normal. We kindly advise you to apply 2 months after the flights return to normal or review the other advantageous options offered and create your request now.
Originally Posted by ironmouse
I also have a cancelled flight with TAP who are refusing to issue refunds, but at least they are upfront about this and quite clearly state on their site that only vouchers or changes are available.
Because that is a European carrier and my flight with them originated in Europe I have started an enquiry with my CC. But not holding out much hope.
Virgin refunded me within 30 days and BA also within 30 days.
TAP is not fulfilling their contract as they need to issue refunds. A friend of mine is also waiting for a refund from TAP, he just filled out a feedback form on their website but no answer was given within 20+ days. Probably he would start writing a DoT complaint ( the ticket includes a USA-Lisbon segment ) or an EC261/2004 claim.

I think that this is more an issue than TK holding refunds according to Turkish law. TAP is not following the European regulations.