FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus: Flight cancellations and entry restrictions
Old May 21, 2020, 4:40 pm
ISTFlyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by SFOTraveler1984
ISTFlyer are you sure about that? I had an award ticket cancelled yesterday and called the hotline to reschedule. First agent advised that the return flight on my new dates did not have I class availability (business award). He was able to change the flights to my new date: Outbound trip had I class, he booked the inbound trip into a revenue business booking class. However, he was unable to issue the ticket and sent a mail to the back office.
No response 24hrs later and the flights are now visible in the apps in the "pay and fly" section - the app is telling me I need to pay for the flights in the next 12 days
Just called the hotline again and was told that even if TK previously cancelled the flights, I can only reschedule to dates where award booking class is available.

Do you have any experience with this? Would a sales office be able to help here? Otherwise I already see myself sending countless Feedback Forms
Probably it's again the hotline agents who do not have the power to rebook you on a flight that there is no award inventory available. A sales office would be helpful in your case. Sending multiple feedback forms is also another option.

Originally Posted by freetgy
I cancelled my ticket bought on February 2020 for me and my wife via the TK website on March 20th after the change policy was communicated by email on March 19th and got a cancellation confirmation on same day on the full amount. TK website said refund processing could take up 30days. Which has now passed obviously due to the Corona situation. I just waited it out for now, but no communication from TK side so far. I didn't call TK either as ticket cancellation had been processed by the system and I just wait for refund.

Due to pregnancy of my wife and I do not forsee to travel with TK until next year earliest and will wait for a refund. I think I have a good shot on a German credit card chargeback considering I have an official cancellation confirmation which has not been refunded now for 60 days. Anyone requested a credit card chargeback for TK due to this situation? I am going to require TK services in the future (family visits in turkey). Any downsides to this approach e. g. problems with TK?
Just to clarify, the refund process for flights after 5 February 2020 will be made 60 days after the flight restrictions end. Unfortunately, you would need to wait a bit more. ( Earliest 10 August 2020 ).

If this is an ex-EU flight EC261/2004 could help you, also see the post that SFOTraveler1984 shared above.
A chargeback could also work but unless your routes qualify for one of the foreign regulations ( US DoT, EC261, ... ) expect a denial for your chargeback.