FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid19: Swiss refunds after cancellation
Old May 21, 2020, 3:10 am
cbourl

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
Originally Posted by Carpacchio
You need to do it obviously before the flight date, as soon as the cancellation by Swiss is announced/suspected.
Did the same: emailed all e-tickets to me which show "cancelled" for the respective flight.
Schade aka mi dispiace! Didn't know the etik would show this so didn't bother to re-request it - so basically LX get my money despite lying to me via their call centres and to American Express Australia!
Way to go LX aka LH!
I pity those who lost a lot more than I did - only euro 85 for me aka AU$182
Was amazed at the superb immediate responses and refunds for award tickets due to SARSCOV2 cancelled flights on VA,QF,QR,RJ,SQ,LX Many thanks to United Airlines, American Airlines and Etihad Airways for their great frequent flyer programs
At least SQ didn't dispute my Amex charge-back for an award ticket on LX- TLV-ZRH-MXP
LH Gruppe got 9 Billion Euros effectively today from DE - so really they are laughing their way to the bank with all their refunds or lack therof
Rant -well no more LX aka LH Gruppe to/from Tel Aviv for me from now on -I can fly a widebody with decent business on BA rather than an A321 on LX dayflights and all flights with LH zu/von Tel Aviv

Last edited by cbourl; May 21, 2020 at 3:14 am Reason: typos