FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tracking credits from cancelled flights
View Single Post
Old May 20, 2020, 11:38 pm
Adam Smith
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by clintondiya
Hi all, been wrestling with Expedia about my cancelled holiday for a while now, received an email

Today about my cancelled itinerary, and that I can redeem Airline Credit when I'm ready to book a new trip.
Well I don't want to accept airline credit, and I don't plan on re-booking a new trip, so instead, I want a refund straight back into the bank account that I purchased the holiday package from.

Any ideas on if this is possible, or if ill is stuck with having to accept this 'airline credit' instead.
With this being your first post, welcome to FT

We can't offer much information unless you share more details. When you say "holiday package", was this a package holiday including flights and/or hotel and/or rental car and/or other activities, or are you just referring to flights? Did Air Canada cancel your flights, or did you make a decision to cancel your trip?

And when you say "bank account", to be clear, you paid directly from your account via Interac or something like that, rather than using a credit card?