FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Extensions of Elite Status, CP, Travel funds, and option to convert funds to points
Old May 20, 2020, 11:27 am
OutofToiletPaper

My A-list is set to expire May 30, 2020 which I earned by meeting promotional requirements last February (fly 3 RTs, or 6 OWs to get A-list extended for 1 year). I sent an twitter message to WN to check in on getting the status extended through December 31, 2021 since I believe I fall in the category of the following.

For Members enrolled in a promotion granting promotional A-List status or challenging a Member to extend promotional A-List status such as Status Match, Tier Challenge, Tier Experience, or a Corporate Status Challenge and who met the flight requirements by the promotion end date, we are extending your current promotional status through December 31, 2021.

To my surprise, Southwest CSR said I am not eligible to get my status extended with the following message.

After reviewing your account, I found that you were opted in and participated in an A-List Tier Challenge in February of last year which granted you A-List for 12 months after the promotional requirements were met. That said, your promotional A-List status went into effect in May 2019, and is set to expire on May 31 of this year, and is not eligible for the extension exception. I apologize for any disappointment or inconvenience in this regard. Please know that your patronage and participation in Rapid Rewards means the world to us, and we hope to share the friendly skies with you for years to come!