FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex—>Paypal—>Sportbetting/Poker
View Single Post
Old May 20, 2020, 8:01 am
radonc1

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by Andreas Nyberg
That’s the whole point with using Amex + PayPal / curve / Revolut , it doesn’t come up as “deposit gambling site x” So how Amex would ever get to know you’re using Amex to deposit on gambling site is impossible .
So as I understand it....

You want to put your Amex card on PP, and then use PP when "buying chips" through one of your above mentioned gambling sites.
You then would "cash in" your chips and deposit the money "somewhere" to pay the Amex bill.

Let's look at the hoops you have to jump through to make this work.
1. Using your Amex card on PP. I do not see any problem with this.
2. Buying chips on line using PP. I have no idea whether you can actually do this with PP, but let's assume you can. How much are you going to be able to buy? I bet (no pun intended) that PP will have a hard limit for this. You also need to check the PP fee since this is not like buying a toaster on eBay. MS works on a very slim margin and fees may make it impossible to do this scheme profitably. Furthermore, since you are in Sweden, not only are there PP fees, but I suspect that there may also be currency exchange fees that Amex or PP or both may tack onto the transaction.
3. Having Amex pay PP. This shouldn't be a problem but PP can be very malignant when they think that hanky panky is going on, so I suspect that doing a couple of hundred dollars a month would be theoretically doable, but tens of thousands would not.

My impression is that this is dead from the get go. The above is a method that could be done to launder illicitly obtained cash into another form of currency and, sad to say, but gambling chips (either real or virtual) is another form of currency. Both PP and Amex recognize this and probably have hard stops to prevent these sorts of financial transactions (whether legal or not) from going forward.

However, with that being said, please try it and let us know how you fared.