Old May 18, 20, 10:51 pm
Adam Smith
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE100K, WS Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor/Hilton/Radisson/NH Gold
In March I had to cancel a trip to Europe (booked via AC to TXL and home from FCO; bunch of intra-Europe flights not booked with AC so I won't mention those).

In April, lost Easter in NAS and the YVR Do. Right now, I should be boarding a plane in YVR to come back from a weekend in NYC (had booked EWR-YVR-YYC).

Upcoming, hard to say. I still have on the books (only itineraries that include AC):
  • LHR round trip (separate tickets from there to Scotland and back with BA, although thankfully haven't booked those yet), end of June
  • YVR round trip in late July (to go to Tofino)
  • BOS in December
  • YHZ Do (although I've always been a maybe on the revised date)
  • I booked an Aeroplan trip to SIN (including some AC metal) for early December that was always somewhat of a placeholder

At this point, I think it's unlikely we'll be able to do Scotland, and I've essentially written it off in my mind, but will be pleasantly surprised if we can go.

Still holding out hope for YVR/Tofino - I really hope that domestic travel is reasonably okay at that point.

BOS I might just cancel since AC cancelled the new non-stop YYC-BOS and re-booked us via YUL.

Right now, I'm not particularly inclined to give AC any of my money. Their refusal to abide by their tariffs and provide customers with refunds when they cancel our flights is not endearing them to me. I'm looking to book other travel with carriers that are subject to regulatory regimes that actually protect the consumer.

Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
How far out has everyone been cancelling trips?

I have stuff booked in July onward that I haven't cancelled yet.
I'm leaving it until pretty late. Thankfully, almost all the trips I had booked with AC when the .... really hit the fan was either Aeroplan or booked using eCoupons. They probably only have a couple grand of my money right now, so no point fussing too much, especially when I hope to actually fly some of these tickets.

Last edited by Adam Smith; May 20, 20 at 4:55 pm