FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Refused Late Check-Out due to COVID (Experiences?)
Old May 18, 2020, 1:42 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by RedSun
I recently phoned the hotel I have a reservation. They will open next week and the max occupancy they can do is 50%. Half of the rooms will be hard closed (dark). They expect the occupancy rate to be low to start with. So they won't have full staff. The state stay-home order just got lifted and staff are still finding housing themselves.

With almost all hotels losing money under stress, I just do not see it is reasonable to demand guaranteed 4PM late check-out.

Last, if someone has reason to travel right now, there is little reason to stay at the hotel room to 4PM with minimal services.
HUH? No reason to leave late? What if someone has a late flight and wants to stay alone in the hotel room rather than elsewhere where social distancing might be a problem? Even essential travel can require late day flights and with fewer flights being operated, the customer has less choice of flight times.

If anything, COVID-19 gives people more urgent reasons to check out late.