FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US to Colombia in August?
View Single Post
Old May 17, 2020, 6:22 pm
matthewsf

US to Colombia in August?

I have a flight booked from the US to Bogota on Copa set for early August, with planned travel (not yet booked) to Cartagena and Medellin while I’m there. Copa cancelled my flights due to their now modified, reduced schedule, running only a few times during the week. Because of the inconvenience, I was thinking of cancelling the ticket outright and buying a new one on United (where I’m a 1MM/Premiere Gold) since they are showing a good schedule with plenty of flight options. My initial question was given the recent bankruptcy filing of, should I still go ahead and book my intra-country trips between those cities on Avianca (since it’s *A) vs. doing it with LATAM? They are showing a full schedule right now for August. My concern was the viability of the airline as it relates to the bankruptcy. But this is assuming the borders are open by then allowing for incoming visitors. That led me to then wonder if it’s better to just blow Colombia off entirely and book our vacation somewhere else? Could do a resort in Punta Cana, DR instead. Appreciate any feedback on how things are looking and being handled down there. Thanks.

Last edited by matthewsf; May 18, 2020 at 12:19 am Reason: typo