FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid-19 BA Rebooking/Cancellation/Refund HELP & ADVICE *No Speculation etc*
Old May 17, 2020, 6:43 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Safifi
I just tried calling BA again but after some wait I'm getting a recorded message to say that due to the covid29 situation they have had to reduce their working hours, and are thereby only available at shortened working hours Monday to Friday! I do not have a Skype account to call the number in the UK.

As the departing flight LHR-BOS is scheduled for tomorrow Monday 18/5, is it at all possible to cancel my booking online today and deal with this issue at least? I am quite busy on a Monday with the start of the week.
There are currently no significant queues on the call centre in the UK and USA. (which is actually the same, the USA number internally diverts to either Manchester or Newcastle) The USA number is 7 days a week as is the UK number. Installing Skype is a great time saver in my view, you can have it on your phone or PC or tablet. Google Talk may be another alternative, it will take you less time to do this than to submit a couple of posts on Flyertalk!

You cannot cancel a part trip online unfortunately, I wish you could. You have to be very careful here, you actually want to be offloaded from that flight, you don't want to cancel the ticket (if you want the rebooking option); if you want the Involuntary Refund then you can ask for the ticket to go to the Refunds team. So be careful how you express this.