FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AirNZ not cancelling flights - they are moving them!
Old May 16, 2020, 1:59 pm
k374

Originally Posted by babyg_wc
OTA didnt change the flight, AIRNZ did, so why should they be responsible in this instance?

AirNZ seem to be one of the worst at trying to keep customer money at all costs.
The OTA is the one that sold you the ticket, their supplier is Air NZ. Air NZ has nothing to do with the monetary specifics of your ticket, only the agent who took your money is responsible for that. The only thing Air NZ is responsible for is the actual quality of the flight service once you check in for your flight.

OTAs are very hard to deal with when it comes to refunds... in my case Air NZ cancelled my flight, they have issued a refund but I am still waiting for a refund from the OTA who took a $100 charge UPFRONT as a processing fee and in addition to that they say it will take 2-4 weeks for the refund to post. They refused to process the refund without the charge.

Air NZ refunded me for my upgraded seat purchase but only after I argued with them about it for 10 minutes straight, however, I have already received the refund for that within 4 days so that at least is great.