FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Reclaim My Status - Consolidated Threads
View Single Post
Old May 16, 2020, 8:18 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey
My status challenge started March 3. I completed one international round-trip, returning to the US on March 9, before suspending all my travel. Obviously there was no way I was going to complete the challenge, but I was pleasantly surprised to see this e-mail from Delta today:

"A few weeks ago, we announced several updates to the SkyMiles® Program to ensure that valued Medallion® Members like you are taken care of when you’re ready to start flying again, including extending 2020 Medallion Status through January 2022.

As part of that, knowing how important Status is to your travel experience, you are eligible to restart Reclaim My Status at any time once your travel picks back up.

If you weren’t able to successfully complete Reclaim My Status the first time, here’s what you need to know when you’re ready to start over again:
  • Visit the Reclaim My Status enrollment page
  • Enter the SkyMiles Number used in your original enrollment
Your three-month complimentary Status and new challenge qualification period will begin immediately upon enrollment.

For now, please know that we remain committed to providing you with the information and guidance you need to make informed decisions about your travel. Thank you for your continued loyalty, trust and support; and we look forward to serving you again whenever you are ready to fly."

It doesn't seem like there is any end-date by which we must restart the challenge. I know they're dealing with a lot right now, so I was impressed they focused on restarting these incomplete challenges.
To me, it's ambiguous about whether the trip you took in March will count. I would have guessed yes from the word restart, but then it seems to say that you will be given a full three months from the date you pick, which would be consistent with previous travel not being included in the challenge.

Please report back when the details become clear.

If you get three months starting from zero, there shouldn't be an expiration date on the offer I would think, but who knows what DL's logic is here.