FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EK Covid-19 Rebooking Policy for Voluntary Changes
Old May 16, 2020, 2:26 am
thijsseh
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou
I tried to use this.

I don't think this policy can be abused at all. Agents have all been very difficult, haven't been able to get any PNR to change free of cost. The policy back in March was much better.
I accept that the 'same region policy' can't (and should not) be abused.
But I have the following real example: a few days ago, my CPT/DXB/AMS//LGW/DXB/CPT was cancelled, actually only the outward leg which would have been on 8 June. The return is only by the end of October. But all flights have now been removed from the ticket and it has become one of these 'book later' ones.
My plan was to go to AMS, do whatever needed to be done there, get to my base in the UK via an AMS/LGW flight (I do this several times a year) and then back to CPT. But the reason to go to AMS will have disappeared by the time I can fly (whenever that may be, it depends mostly on opening up South African airports), so I want to change the flight to a 'regular' CPT/DXB/LHR (no LGW for quite a while) // LGW (if possible, otherwise LHR)/DXB/CPT. My expectation was (is) that this change from AMS to LHR would be free of charge under the 'same region' concession. Am I wrong? And if so, which of the new rules would it be in contravention of?