FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What are current Hampton Inn breakfasts during the pandemic?
Old May 14, 2020, 10:09 am
Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
I stayed at the Hampton Inn Waco, TX two nights ago.

Front desk was unmanned every time I passed it. Normal self serve coffee table had been moved behind checkout counter.
There was a sign saying “call us and we’ll get your coffee or tea for you - don’t come behind our front desk.”

I eventually saw a single employee and asked about breakfast. She informed me that there was a to-go bag with drink, fruit, and some bread item. She mentioned bagels. I envisioned, however, it was all probably one of those sticky, Teflon wrapped Sara Lee blueberry muffins, a small Dasani water bottle, and a banana... so I slept in and went out to a very nice Organic-hipster type local eatery instead. (Which had outdoor tables and allowed people to eat food they brought out to them.)

I usually stay at the HGI or Hilton there, but the breakfast and lounge would be the differentiatiors in my down select... and those factors are now moot. So I went with “cheapest” as it was literally just a bed and a shower experience this go-round. I can’t see paying more for a hotel with all the amenities I value being closed.