FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - When will Hawaii re-open for tourism?
View Single Post
Old May 13, 2020, 12:17 pm
HawaiiSailor

Programs: UA GS, Delta Plat, Hawaiian Gold, Hertz Plat
Originally Posted by nomad420
In reading this as a returning resident I would still have to self quarantine for 2 weeks (which is what I have been doing in CA for 2 months). I am still unclear about making essential trips for food, some have said even this is not "allowed". Can I go out an exercise? Would walking (by myself) on my local beach be a violation? I am still unclear and don't really want to fly back to a bureaucratic mess when I land. If I am basically imprisoned in my own home I'll stay put in CA until the quarantine is lifted.
Yes you’d need to stay at home except for urgent medical care, tsunami evacuation, or to go back to the airport to leave again. Is that enforced? Not really. Are people actually doing that, or just “being careful?” Who knows. Does “home” include common spaces at a condo complex that you own an interest in? Unclear. Do returning residents seem to be major vectors of current contagion? Not that we’ve heard about. Why not? Because they’re being careful. Why? Because they deeply care about their ohana, community, and their geographically isolated and resource-limited state in a deep and compelling way.

Last edited by HawaiiSailor; May 13, 2020 at 12:25 pm