FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - When will Hawaii re-open for tourism?
View Single Post
Old May 13, 2020, 11:47 am
nomad420

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by HawaiiSailor
Yeah I suspect some percentage of the "visitors" staying with "friends and family" are doing this currently. Not sure how to stop that if both parties are willing to lie about it, or are "conveniently unreachable," except temporarilly restricting access to the state to documented residents and property owners only due to a public health emergency. That would seem to be a lot for people at the airport (who are not CBP inspectors) to try to sort out on the fly though, and legally pretty dicey to be bouncing people who otherwise claim on a signed form they are going to follow the rules and can’t be trivially proven to be lying about it on the spot.

UPDATE: new article on this subject. https://www.staradvertiser.com/2020/...has-loopholes/
In reading this as a returning resident I would still have to self quarantine for 2 weeks (which is what I have been doing in CA for 2 months). I am still unclear about making essential trips for food, some have said even this is not "allowed". Can I go out an exercise? Would walking (by myself) on my local beach be a violation? I am still unclear and don't really want to fly back to a bureaucratic mess when I land. If I am basically imprisoned in my own home I'll stay put in CA until the quarantine is lifted.