FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt corporate layoffs & restructuring
View Single Post
Old May 13, 2020, 10:29 am
LoungeLizardHugo

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by mguinness
I think you meant livelihoods, not lives. On the flip side, how many lives are you willing to endanger for non-essential trips that you got a great deal on?
Lives and livelihoods. Unemployment and stress kills just as surely as the virus does. The sooner people acknowledge that fact the sooner we can act on science-based solutions.

I am not endangering anyone as I wear a mask and sanitize/wash my hands. Furthermore, in spite of all the hand wringing and virtue signalling, this virus is going to burn it's way around the world sooner or later. Destroying the worlds financial system will affect and cost so many more lives than the COVID would! Remember, clearly, all the restrictions were initially placed to "flatten the curve" and prevent overwhelming the healthcare systems. Aside from a very few instances (New York), hospitals are actually suffering from a complete lack of patients! The main problem we have now is that all the so-called experts were wrong. The death rate as a percent is far lower (0.03%) than originally claimed. You better shut the world down and stop all driving to prevent car accident deaths! I really resent that reply as you have zero proof of your claim that I am endangering any lives. In fact I am supporting lives in a real and tangible way by spending my tourism money to support local economies, the airline industry, and hotel employees.

Fear kills and baseless fear mongering driven by click-bait media and intellectually-bankrupt "experts" is fueling far more destruction than this virus ever will. You are welcome to cower at home fearful of the world, I'm going to live my life positively affecting others as I do so.