FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ticket or Award status: On Hold, On Request, Pending, Purchased and Ticketed
Old May 12, 2020, 4:53 pm
Often1
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by flyinghome
I am in a very similar position. I had four tickets to Iceland for June 4 travel. American is not lying there and made that decision in March. I tried to cancel my tickets and was told I could not until they removed the flights from the schedule or risk not getting I refund. I waited until I got the official email that my flights were canceled on 4/18. I called the EXP desk and canceled immediately. I have not waited for any response and have heard nothing. I too have been to the refunds page seeing pending review. EXP desk can't help. Send an email to the refunds team no response. I am beyond annoyed. The issue I have is that i purchased the tickets months ago and chargeback on card is not an option I don't think.
Just to be clear, you need not call to cancel. The flight is already cancelled by the carrier. Your specific request is for a refund. All doable online. If you made a request for a refund on April 18, AA had until April 25 to initiate a refund and you would have received an email telling you to expect a credit to your card. On April 26, time to file a chargeback and a DOT complaint. See #5 above.

No reason to wait and the sooner you act, the sooner you will have your refund.