Old May 12, 20, 4:27 am
SteveF

Originally Posted by ademanuele View Post
I downgraded, credit limit stays the same (I asked) and interestingly if/when I decide to go back to the premium card then 241 spend will transfer to the Premium card i.e. if I spend £14k on the basic card, as soon as I upgrade I will receive a 241 voucher immediately…
The agent did mention to me that she can't guarantee that I would be accepted for the PP if I reapplied later, but I'd be very surprised if I wasn't given my history with Amex. If I'm not then fine, I can live without it.

Also called Amex Platinum with a view to cancelling and they are actually offering an incentive in the form of Rewards. I may still cancel if the lockdown looks like it will continue (I will review July/August when hopefully we will know more about SARS-CoV-2) and the 2 Avios per/£1 spend is a good deal...
Me too; I'm only hanging on because I've still I've got one holiday lined up and may need the insurance, although I expect that to be cancelled soon. I don't expect to be travelling within the next 12-18 months so I'll be binning the Plat before July when the fee is due. I may reconsider if the incentive is good enough, but I doubt that it could make up for £450 in 12 months. If I'm not using the travel insurance, lounge access and rental car insurance it just doesn't make sense to me.

I should add that customer service with AMEX is invariably excellent...
I couldn't agree more. They've always been brilliant.