FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - When will Hawaii re-open for tourism?
View Single Post
Old May 11, 2020, 2:44 pm
HawaiiSailor

Programs: UA GS, Delta Plat, Hawaiian Gold, Hertz Plat
Originally Posted by nomad420
My DL is my CA address but if I had to I could pull home title docs/bills/etc for Hawaii. I even have a land line at the house but if required to quarantine for 2 weeks at this point I guess I will wait it out until June 1 when I hope the quarantine is lifted That seems to be the local rumor at this time but nothing is obviously certain. My poor local friends in the FBI (food and bev industry) are in a horrible state now. My in laws who make a living with vacation rentals are at the point of selling everything and leaving the state with horrific losses if things don't open up soon. Beyond a sad situation for sure.
I think it may be unconstitutional to block a property owner from entering the state if they claim that they intend to quarantine for two weeks on their property and can prove they own/rent the property. That "loophole" could then extend to anyone legally present in the US who intends to quarantine on their "friends" property as well, as long as that can be verified. Only way around that it would seem would be to force all arrivals, including HI drivers license holders, into a guarded quarantine. There has been Supreme Court precedent on this from the dust bowl days when California tried to block refugees from Oklahoma. Although wide latitude is allowed for public health or other emergencies.