FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Ritz Carlton Hong Kong [Master Thread]
Old May 11, 2020, 12:11 pm
Isochronous

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by bgriff
Not sure if I totally understand your question, but Ritz-Carltons are not required to offer club access to any elite members, and most don't. I believe the general experience at this property has been that even for those who are upgraded to a suite, club access is *not* extended for free alongside it. And AFAIK this hotel doesn't have separate dedicated club rooms (except possibly for the highest suite categories); any club room/suite category is just one of the same-category rooms with club access permitted. So buying club access is a separate consideration from any possible upgrade.

That said, there is a separate issue that a lot of hotels also have standard emails that go out talking about buying upgrades that are sent to everyone with no consideration of what one's elite status may already get you, either.
Perhaps my post was not clear. I well understand that there is no ordinary entitlement to club access based on status. My point was:

1) When I booked a base room, the welcome email mentioned the $1,000 per night offer to buy club access.
2) When I booked a suite, the welcome email mentioned that the provide room upgrades subject to availability based on Platinum status.

Thus my question was whether they only give room upgrades when you book a suite outright as opposed to the base room.