FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Recent MSP experience April/May 2020 - COVID19
Old May 11, 2020, 9:59 am
ND76

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I was at MSP on Tuesday 5/5/20 on a BWI-MSP-SEA itinerary. The inbound flight parked at F13, and the onward flight left from F14. It was about 9:50 am when I reached the F concourse. There were only 34 pax, 2 pilots and 3 FAs on my inbound flight, an A319. I'm guessing that there were about 70 pax on the outbound, a B737-800. Walking from the end of the F concourse to the F/G SkyClub, I didn't see any of the gates with active operations at the time.

The SkyClub had its temporary entrance on the G side of the club (as opposed to where the main entrance is on the other side of the club. I was told that ongoing renovations in there were supposed to have been completed two days after my visit, so this club is supposed to be fully open and with its entrance closest to the main shopping concourse that connects F/G with concourses C and D.

The female bartender in the club was great. Adult beverages were being served (this was not the case at SEA, where the bar is closed and the only beverages served are canned sodas and bottled water). There were maybe 8 travelers in the club, 5 of which were sitting at the bar, when I was there.

On the outbound flight, boarding went very quickly, as you might imagine. I was the "bubble boy" on the upgrade list and was #1 for 0 upgrade seats (although they let 7 seats in F go empty). Unless you and a companion booked F seats together, they were only putting one person in each set of two F seats. Therefore, they only used 9 out of 16 F seats on the flight. I had a row of 3 to myself in the back of the plane, got comfortable, and slept until Missoula, Montana. (There were only 3 empty aisle or window seats in main cabin on MSP-SEA, excluding the last two rows which DL did not sell). We arrived in SEA about 10 minutes early.

Before takeoff the FAs passed out plastic drawstring bags that contained a small pack of Cheez-Its, a pack of two Biscoffs and a bottle of Dasani (in F they also passed out a "Flight Fuel" snack box).

Every Delta employee I encountered on this trip was great, and appeared to me to be genuinely glad that I was traveling.