FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rebooking BOS-LAX flight
View Single Post
Old May 11, 2020, 9:43 am
WineCountryUA
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Graciecatt
.... Shouldn't the total change of 1.5 hours earlier + 4 hour layover + arriving 4 hours later = enough time for a refund? ....
The stated policy is a change in 6 hour change of departure or arrival from the original schedule, not a change in trip time. And your total trip time increase was less than 6 hours anyways.
Long, detailed discussion with multiple points of view of this in COVID19 Schedule Change (6+hrs)/Cancellation Refund, UA resisting refunds, DOT ruling
Originally Posted by Graciecatt
.. - the future credit or the certificate? From what I can gather from google, the future credit can be used with UA partners and the certificate cannot? or that you have to use the whole thing at once with a credit and a certificate can be used on multiple occasions until you use it up? This is super confusing. If I can't get a refund, I want to choose the smartest choice.
The is a whole thread on that Choosing between UA Electronic Travel Certificate (ETC) vs Future Flight Credit (FFC) and the thread's wiki summarizes the key points