FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - COVID-19: refund provided as voucher (for non refundable fares)
Old May 11, 2020, 1:34 am
fifty_two

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by kb53
Does anyone have any insight into when (or even if) AF will start to cancel flights booked for mid-July?.
No , but it depends on the case , unless UK or French gouvernment decide to cancel all flights until end of july , AF has no reason to not operate these flights . So stay in touch with their press releases and see what will happen

Originally Posted by kb53
While flights up to the end of August can now be cancelled by the customer, I'd prefer that they cancel, rather than doing it myself, as I can then consider a credit card chargeback / court action to obtain a non-voucher refund.
I think your chances to see these flights cancelled are very low , considering that AF is keen to operate as much flights as possible and as soon as possible , so your best option might be the voucher

If however they cancel the flights and you claim a refund , keep all conversations you had with them in case they refuse , so it will be useful to contact your bank or credit card issuer for chargeback

Last edited by fifty_two; May 11, 2020 at 4:50 am