FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid-19 : BA network lounge closures, effective 17 March
Old May 10, 2020, 9:12 am
Genius1
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by stampcollector
Like many others I now see my lounge access as CCR in my booking, despite not travelling in F or being a CCR cardholder, is this a suggestion of which lounges will be reopened later in 2020 with reduced passenger demand (Galleries T5B is also listed)

Hypothetically (and I know this is like poking the wasps' nest with a cattle prod) Could all premium (Bronze and up, Club, First) checkin and security be moved to the First wing, with only South security being open for everyone else, effectively shutting off the north end of T5A?
CCR showing as the lounge for non-F/CCR cardholder travel is more than likely an MMB error.

Currently, North Security is closed completely (with the exception of connections) and all passengers are consolidated into South Security. Fast Track is not operating here (there is simply no need with so few passengers). In time, as demand increases, I would expect North Security to re-open when required. The First Wing will probably be one of the last elements to reopen.

Last edited by Genius1; May 11, 2020 at 5:57 am