FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus + NH
View Single Post
Old May 9, 2020, 10:35 am
Stgermainparis

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Refunds and change fee waivers extended to June 30th
I'm very happy about this. We have award tix USA-YYZ on 6/30 that was moved to 7/1 in the last few days, putting us in YYZ AFTER our YYZ-HND flight departs. We also have PEK in our itinerary, though in July. Of course, their phone CS is off on the weekend so I can't get closure on this until Monday. Knowing I'll get the 500k points back with extended expiration is very comforting.

Update: The menu on call states hours of operation (and mentions M-F) but then seems to stop without giving options to talk to someone. So I figured Saturday was just closed. But then I randomly pressed 1 and got an agent. She canceled my rez and is requesting point redeposit and tax refund. Said it will take a week to get receipt of cancelation and maybe more time for tax refund. Also, since this was an involuntary flight change, the points will be "new" when redeposited so will have 3 years til expiration. While I'd have loved to move those points back to Amex MR (where they were transferred from originally), I am grateful to have them back at all. Not sure when I'll find 5x J awards USA-TYO again, but three years to plan!

Last edited by Stgermainparis; May 9, 2020 at 10:47 am