FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The end of WS 767's?
View Single Post
Old May 8, 2020, 9:48 pm
cirrusdragoon

Programs: skyteam
Originally Posted by tcook052
I noted in the excellent Rewards Canada blog an indication that WS 767's may have ended their operation lives:

Rewards Canada: May 7 Update: Aeroplan buy miles sale craziness and have we seen the last of WestJet's 767s?

Last week WestJet donated 115 galley carts from their fleet of four Boeing 767 airplanes to Alberta Health Services and aren't asking for them back. This makes me think that WestJet is planning on not having the planes return to service once more travel resumes. With the airline now the proud owners of five Boeing 787 planes and what will be several years of recovery to reach to pre-Coronavirus travel levels - the 30+ year old 767s will most likely not be required by the airline.

I haven't flown lots on the WS 67's but enjoyed a NS trip to OGG and upgraded to Plus at time of OLCI and felt it was well worth it.

WS had quite a learning curve when it bough these planes but ultimately think much was learned as they grew to become more of an international airline.
They are gone forever as is that old branding “plus” But you can buy a seat in their Premium cabin and Business cabin .